We envision a community where all people can live, work and achieve their full potential. Where every person is treated with compassion, dignity and respect; and is supported and encouraged to make choices that affect their personal lives.
Community Living Elgin offers:
- Adult residential programs and independent living programs in private apartments
- Children’s services
- Education and life skills programs
- Employment and volunteer programs
- Social development and recreational activities
- Support in accessing existing community programs and opportunities
Community Living Elgin has grown from the small grass roots basement start up created by a few families in 1958 to a county-wide agency providing service to over 140 individuals with a staff just short of 275 supporting them today. The living proof of the impact of Community Living Elgin is all around us. Whether it is the success in teaching someone a new skill and the smile on the person’s face for achieving that goal and the commitment of our staff to push through hurdles and challenges, Community Living Elgin is making a difference in people’s lives and building inclusive communities.
Board of Directors
Community Living Elgin is governed by a voluntary Board of Directors who meet bi-monthly to guide the operations of our organization. Each year, new members are elected at the June Annual General Meeting.
- Darren Connolly, President
- Susan Bird, 1st Vice President
- Tina Grignard, Treasurer
- Nick Wells, Past President
- Susan Lang, Director
Senior Management Team
- Michelle Palmer, Executive Director
- Dave Round, Director of Finance
- Lynne Easter, Chief Human Resource Officer
- Jayne Andrews, Director of Support Services